Kindly expect body impressions. Top-quality mattress use extra-plush foams to create comfort layers designed to cradle your body and relieve pressure. After the first few weeks you sleep on your new mattress with these extra comfort layers, you will likely notice some body signatures. These impressions are normal. Any impression of less than 3cm of the original mattress height is normal, they indicate that the comfort layers are conforming to your body, which is what they are designed to do, and shouldn’t be considered a sign of defect or sagging.
A brand new mattress will often be firmer than what you’ve tried in the showroom. This firmness is caused by the brand new foam layers. As you continue to sleep on the mattress, the pressure from your body will relax the foam and mold it more and more into your sleeping form. Other than that, the foundation (divan, bed frame) used will also affect your sleeping experience. Age, quality of support, materials, and condition of the foundation of your mattress also plays a crucial role in this case. Therefore, firmness of new mattress or ‘feels different’ from in-store experience shouldn’t be considered as manufacturing defect.
The smell arising from your new mattress or pillow upon unboxing is absolutely normal. Please allow a minimum of 2 months for your new mattress to breathe in a well ventilated room, the smell will then fade away naturally.
1. The major cause of warranty avoidance is a mattress soiled by blood, urine, other stains or damages. A quality mattress protector with good absorption is highly recommended.
2. Unhygienic mattress. Mattress with unusual odour emitted, presence of molding or mildew such as fleas, ticks, bedbugs or cockroach egg capsules found by inspection will void the warranty.
3. Abuse of the mattress and/ or foundation. Children or adults repeatedly jumping on the mattress will ultimately cause the mattress to fail in some manner.
4. Bending the mattress or leaving it standing on its side. No innerspring mattress can be bent or left standing on its side for long periods without permanent damage. If the mattress is bent while shifting from place to place; standing for a long period during delivery, when moving it, or in storage, the warranty is void.
5. Improper or lack of suitable box support or foundation (wrong construction, worn out, etc.). If so, the mattress warranty is null and void. Correct mattress support is an important element in maintaining a longer life span for your mattress.
6. A foundation that is too soft, uneven, not supportive, or restricts air circulation may damage your mattress and void this warranty.
7. Mattresses follow the contour of whatever they rest on. If placed on a foundation that dips down, even under the load of one or two sleepers, the warranty will be voided. Foundations dipping or sagging allow the mattress to sag too, causing the top cover to wrinkle. Sleepers may experience roll-together through inadequate support. Some slat/mesh type foundations may require a center rail and a leg to the floor to prevent dipping or sagging, particularly in double, queen, and king-sized mattresses.
8. Failure to comply with manufacturer’s care & maintenance instructions.
9. This warranty is extended only to the original purchaser from the appointed distributor TLS-Asia. Products or its authorized dealers/ retailers and valid only for residential use. Contract and commercial usages are not covered by this warranty.
10. This warranty is voided if the mattress has been repaired or altered by unauthorized persons or workshops.
11. This warranty is not applicable to the purchase of display items or clearance sale items unless specifically stated in writing.
12. This warranty does not cover products kept in an unsanitary environment.
This warranty is confined only to the first purchaser of the product from an authorized dealer.